Saturday 26 November 2016

My Husband Will Kneel & Also Cook For Me” – Actress, Arike Gold

My Husband Will Kneel & Also Cook For Me” – Actress, Arike Gold



Talented Nollywood actress, Folorunsho Adeola, popularly known as Arike Gold has opened up on her journey to fame amid others in a recent interview.

Tell us a little about your background.
I’m from a polygamous family. From my mum, we are six; three boys and three girls. I finished from a Catholic Comprehensive High School and then went to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic where I had OND in Mass Communication and later proceeded to University of Ibadan where I got my degree in Philosophy.
So, how did you find yourself in Nollywood, why did you choose acting?
Acting is what I love and have passion for it ever since I was a kid. I can remember a time when I told my mum about my intentions of going into movies and entertainment generally, she told me she can’t allow me to do such because of some negative things she has noticed or seen with people that are into acting.
I wasn’t pleased with her opinion and also felt bad. After a while, I had to talk to her that acting is what I really love and that I will make her proud of me.
She accepted and informed her friend, Actress Toyin Adegbola (Asewo to ré Mecca). She advised me to join any acting group close to me and that was when I joined Mr. Latin’s Acting Group in 2007, which was also the year I finished from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
How many movies have you featured in or produced by yourself?
I have featured in more than 30 movies so far. I’ve starred in movies like Ayonitemi, Olowolayemo, Baba Gomina, Orisun, Ipilese, Eri Oni to mention a few and I just recently concluded on a movie titled ‘IKE’, proudly produced by my humble self! The trailer will be out on my birthday this 22nd of November, 2016! Watch out for it!
So, aside Nollywood, what else are you into?
I do business but acting has really taken that from me of late. I’m working on going into food related business soon.
Is your production going to be on Yoruba movies alone and are you planning anything outside the shores of Nigeria soon?
Sure! Aside my just concluded movie, ‘IKE’, I’m working on a project that will embrace major actors around West Africa and Nigerian actors in diaspora. It is going to be a great one!
How do you relax?
I stay indoors most times. Other times, I go out to watch movies and also hangout with my friends.
Which male act will you say is your best actor so far and who you will love to work with both home and abroad?
My best actor so far is Richard Mofe Damijo (RMD) but I will love to work with Ramsey Noah and John Dumelo.
So, how will you describe your ideal man?
My ideal man must certainly be a creative and hardworking man because I hate poverty. He must also be God fearing; I don’t mean the ‘Scripture Union’ type but very romantic and handsome. The most important of it all is that he must be very understanding and patient. I can’t marry a man that cannot kneel to beg me when he offends me or cook for me to thrill me. He must be 100% Romantic!
Recently, you got featured in some major movies, newspapers and sites. How does it feel being a celebrity and how are you managing it?
Success is what everybody is praying for and as I’m doing my job well and great, results are coming, popularity; fame, recognition and a whole lot will set in. At that point, I have to appreciate the celebrity life. I also have to help others to attain greater heights while God helps me in return. These are what I wanted. Even though I am not where I want to be yet, I still thank God that I am not where I used to be! I Thank God for that!
A Nollywood actress and producer recently accused most married actresses of being promiscuous and not being able to thrive in the industry without extra marital affairs or ‘runz’ in local parlance. What is your take on this?
I don’t believe in that. When you are hardworking, creative, positive minded and you believe in anything you are doing, I am sure the sky will be only a starting point. I don’t believe all actresses are doing ‘runz’. I have said it before and I will still say it again: we spend more than what we earn to make a good movie.
As a producer of a new movie, how easy would you say it has been?
It’s not easy at all I must tell you, especially with running from Pre-production, shooting and locations stuffs plus Post-productions but to God be the glory. From the beginning I had put everything in God’s hand and He is in-charge till now.
And words to your fans and followers?
Yes, I want to thank you guys for supporting Arike Gold and praying for me. You all are the reason I wake up with smiles on my face; you are the ones that keep motivating me and I want you to know that I love you all and I appreciate your love for me.
You are all ‘my Arike Gold Soldiers’ and I must say thank you. And to guys out there willing to work at realising their dreams, I must say to you, don’t let anyone or anything quench your dreams! Keep pushing and pushing until you get to your rightful destinations. The only person that can stop you is you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Featured post

Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz are back, attend Stephanie Coker's wedding as couple

- It seems Tiwa Savage and husband Tee Billz are back together! - The estranged couple who speculations have it that t...