Friday 2 December 2016

Bollywood News: Top Star Arijit Singh Is Calling It Quits at 29

Is 29 just too old for Bollywood? Arijit Singh believes so.

Hollywood is a difficult business to break into. It’s even harder to stay in the limelight. But, how difficult is Bollywood? Just ask Arijit Singh.



Perhaps you’ve never heard of Arijit Singh. That’s okay. But in Bollywood as well as the Indian music industry, Arijit Singh is a big name. The Indian playback singer and music programmer launched his career in reality show Fame Gurukul. The reality show deals with audiences selecting the best pair of India’s best singers and performers. Winners received a contract with Sony, along with a Maruti Alto. Arijit Singh lost at the finals, yet, he still became Bollywood’s top voice.
However, at just 29 years old, Singh is ready to retire. Highlighting a cold reality in Bollywood, Singh reportedly told the media,
“I don’t think I have a long way to go. This might be my last year. Normally, fresh voices replace [current favorites] every five to seven years in Bollywood.”
Is there any way to avoid fading away into Bollywood history after just 5 to 6 years? There’s one possibility, though it’s notoriously difficult.
“I might be able to change that. If I work really hard on specific genres, I might be able to stay longer. That way, I can emerge as the only singer who can croon songs of those genres. Maybe that’s how I will survive.”
Unlike other Bollywood, and even Hollywood, celebrities, Singh prefers to stay away from the limelight. He said,
I enjoy a quiet life, without much interruption. Over the past three years, I have seen my fan base grow, and I think it’s essential for them to know that I’ve always been someone who refrains from interactions because I enjoy a silent life. With the growth of social media, this, too, becomes difficult.
Singh remains an idol for many aspiring singers. It’s unclear what his plans are after fading away from the Bollywood limelight.

link.... http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/11/30/bollywood-voice-arijit-singh-quits/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

Featured post

Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz are back, attend Stephanie Coker's wedding as couple

- It seems Tiwa Savage and husband Tee Billz are back together! - The estranged couple who speculations have it that t...